Latest grades not updated in the gradebook

Latest grades not updated in the gradebook

by MMT Moodler -
Number of replies: 6

Hello everyone ... We are using moodle 2.9 and we have several SCORM v1.2. The problem is that we need to generate reports with the latest attempts of these scorms and in the table grade_grades the date is not updated. Looks like moodle is savig the first attemp in the grade_grades table and does not update it anymore.

If we go to the SCORM report screen, all the attempts made by the user appear.

We have configured the SCORM to take the qualification of the last attempt (not the first or the highest rating), but in the table grade_grades, the field 'timemodified' is not modified. There are also no new records in the grade_grades_history table neither for the course nor for the SCORM module ...

We need information about the date of the last execution of the SCORM to generate some reports and, despite the configuration of the SCORM, the table grade_grades does not seem to be storing these changes ...

That could be happening?
Thanks in advance for your time...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to MMT Moodler

Re: Latest grades not updated in the gradebook

by Brandon Jimenez -

Hello,

Would you mind sharing screenshots of the configuration of your SCORM packages? Also, please check the table prefix_scorm_scoes_track, which stores the actual data from every attempt

Regards,

Brandon

In reply to Brandon Jimenez

by MMT Moodler -

Thanks, Brandon... This is the SCORM configuration. I've tried several options, also selecting 'Yes' in 'Force new attemp':

scorm configuration

Many thanks for your time...

In reply to MMT Moodler

by Brandon Jimenez -

What authoring tool are you using? For example, if you use Storyline and set the SCORMS to track the number of slides and not the grade, it will never send an actual grade to Moodle, so i'd start by uploading your SCORM to SCORM Cloud and verifying that the grades are being passed.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Brandon Jimenez

by MMT Moodler -

Thanks again for your time, Brandon... much appreciated.

I've tried this scorm in Cloud SCORM as you suggested me and looks it works well:

cloud scorm

What can I check??

Thanks a lot...

In reply to MMT Moodler

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

For starters - Moodle 2.9 is no longer supported and early versions of 2.9 contain some SCORM issues that are fixed in newer releases and could be causing your issues. You should prioritise upgrading your site to a recent stable supported release. (and implement a plan to regularly update your site.)

2nd - the way Attempts work in SCORM can be confusing. Each "entry" is not considered an "attempt" - a re-entry could put the user in review mode (reviewing their previous attempt) and although the scorm may present a grade at the end, because the user is in "review mode" it will not update the grade.

Please see here for more details on this:
https://docs.moodle.org/en/SCORM_FAQ#Handling_of_Multiple_Attempts

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by MMT Moodler -

Thanks a lot for that information, Dan...

Finally, I've created a custom report to take the final score and date from scorm tables and works fine.

Best regards.