MUA Simplify attendance for smartphone.

MUA Simplify attendance for smartphone.

by Dan Marsden -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

This is a response to an MUA project that I noticed today: https://moodleassociation.org/course/view.php?id=33#section-2

Which states "Omit email address from attendance page to facilitate smartphone use to take attendance"

I do not currently have an MUA account so I am posting this here instead.

The attendance marking page uses the "Show user identity" setting found under Admin > Users > Permissions > User policies. "Email address" is the default setting - you could untick this box to remove it but it would also remove it from a number of other reports in Moodle that will currently display the e-mail address.

It may make sense for the attendance plugin to have it's own "showuseridentity" setting instead of relying on the core setting - pull requests and funding (including MUA) are always welcome, but if the intent is to make it easier for teacher marking you may be interested to hear that I am actively working on adding support for the Moodle Mobile app - the code in the github master branch already supports student self-marking within the app and I am currently working on support for teachers to mark attendance as well.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: MUA Simplify attendance for smartphone.

by Dnyaneshwar Somwanshi -

Hello Dan Marsden

How can I test Moodle Mobile supported attendance plugin?

I have downloaded master branch code from Github repo. but still, it does not support the app. I m using Moodle 3.5.2 web and mobile

we really appreciate your efforts.

thanks in advance.

In reply to Dnyaneshwar Somwanshi

Re: MUA Simplify attendance for smartphone.

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

What do you mean when you say  'it still does not support the app'?