Articulate Storyline 360 issue in Mobile App

Articulate Storyline 360 issue in Mobile App

by James Landrigan -
Number of replies: 8

Hi All,

When I launch a SCORM package created in Articulate Storyline 360 I can't see any of the navigation buttons so can't advance past the first slide. See attached screenshot from an iPad. I have tried changing the Storyline Player settings to "fit in browser window" but that didn't help.

I have version 3.5.1 of the App with Moodle 3.5.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Many thanks

James 

Attachment File.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Landrigan

Re: Articulate Storyline 360 issue in Mobile App

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi James,

if you open that SCORM in a browser in the same device, does it display the navigation arrows?

If it does, please send us the SCORM file to mobile@moodle.com so we can take a look. Please include a link to this post in the mail smile

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by James Landrigan -

Hi Dani,

Thank you very much for your reply and for developing the App it is very cool. The navigation arrows do display in the browser on the same iPad, see the attached image.

I'll email the SCORM package and the Storyline file now.

Kind regards,

James

Attachment IMG_0121.jpg

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks James,

I put your SCORM in one of our sites and it seems to be working fine for us, I can see the arrows. Can you please tell me which iPad are you using and its iOS version?

Also, can you please check if it works with the latest version of the app, released this week (v3.5.2)?

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by James Landrigan -

Thanks Dani,

My App version is 3.5.2

I am on an iPad pro with iOS 11.4.1

Kind regards,

James

by Dani Palou -

Hi James,

I'm still unable to reproduce the issue, maybe it's due to some configuration or customization in your site. Can you create a Moodlecloud site (free) and upload the SCORM in there to check if you also have the same problem in that site?

Cheers,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by James Landrigan -

Hi Dani,

Good news and bad news. I created a MoodleCloud site and the SCORM displays nicely. I then backed up and restored the whole course from Moodlecloud to my Moodle production site and it displayed nicely. The original one still doesn't display properly so I will go through and compare all the course and SCORM activity settings. That's the good news.

The bad news is that now I can navigate through the SCORM I have discovered I can't enter text in the text entry boxes in the SCORM package either on Moodlecloud or my production site. Still using the same iPad and have tried both the internal and an external keyboard.

Any thoughts

James

by Dani Palou -

Hi James,

I took a look and I wasn't able to enter text either. I did some tests and it seems the SCORM has some Javascript code intercepting the events in the textarea, and this JS is the one causing that you cannot enter text. If I replace that textarea with a new one in runtime then it works fine, so it seems the SCORM is doing something wrong when played in the app.

I don't know why it works fine in browser but not in the app :/

In reply to Dani Palou

by Philippe Donze -

Dear all,

I have exactly the same issue, look at my mobile screen. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A6+.

Any advises ?