Activities block missing from Dashboard

Activities block missing from Dashboard

by Brett Elphick -
Number of replies: 5

We are running the latest moodle and the  latest Essential theme. When adding blocks to the dashboard, the Activities block doesn't appear, but it appears on the course page. I want to add a feedback activity, so then we can add the feedback block to course pages and it will feed into one single report. Does anyone know how to enable the Activities block? I've checked it and it is already enabled, but as I said, doesn't show in the dashboard.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brett Elphick

Re: Activities block missing from Dashboard

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I think what you are looking for is the Main Menu block.  That allows you to add activities to the Front page.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Brett Elphick -

Yes, I have that block installed, but doesn't show up in the dropdown menu for adding blocks either on the dashboard or course page. Is there something I'm missing?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Add it on the front page and then use the settings to say where you want it to display.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Brett Elphick -

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but how do I do that?

by Brett Elphick -
Ok, fixed the problem. The navigation wasn't on the dashboard, it was on the course page. Then I could access the site home and put the feedback there. Now the feedback block appears in the dropdown on course pages.