Role duplication shown as "no roles" for student in course participant list

Re: Aw: Re: Role duplication shown as "no roles" for student in course participant list

by Camille Tardy -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Harry,

I'm sorry I didn't update this thread with the news from the related tracker issue I created.
You can find the solution here : https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-63482

Basically Paul Holden gave us the answer :
"You need to visit your Site security settings configuration page and tick the role name next to the Profile visible roles (profileroles) field (documentation here)
Students will only see those roles selected here on the course participants page"

Regards 
Cam
Average of ratings: Useful (6)
In reply to Camille Tardy

Re: Aw: Re: Role duplication shown as "no roles" for student in course participant list

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I created a new role "Associate Lecturer" and selected it in the profileroles field of the Security settings page, but it only partially works. As an Administrator, I can assign and see the role on the course Participants page OK, but an enrolled user with that role has the Roles column set to "No roles" (see below).

I tried purging the cache to see if that helped, but it didn't. Am I missing something?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Eoin Campbell

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I've since discovered that there are few more settings to configure to get this working properly. The "Allow role assignments", "Allow role to view" and "Allow role switches" forms should also be edited to check the appropriate boxes. See sample screenshot below.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)