[3.5] Two different Atto Editors?

[3.5] Two different Atto Editors?

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I noticed that I have two different ATTO editors. For editing a section, I see this:

When giving feedback to an assignment, I see this:

So now I want to give feedback using the RecordRTC buttons, and this is not possible? Does anyone know why?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard van Iwaarden

Re: [3.5] Two different Atto Editors?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Richard,

It seems that it's not yet possible to give audio or video feedback for an assignment. However, the feature is being developed and will hopefully be available in 3.6. Please feel free to watch or vote for MDL-27520.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Helen!

Thank you for your reply!

I was kind of surprised that this is not possible with RecordRTC because we used Poodll up to this point. Poodll does allow for audio and video feedback on assignments. When RecordRTC was deployed in Moodle 3.5, we stopped using Poodll and then found out is was not possible to do this in RecordRTC sad

Let's hope for 3.6 then. We can't wait, teachers and students were getting used to video/audio feedback. Much more personal!

In reply to Helen Foster

by Sean McKenna -

Hi Helen,

This seems to be the same issue I am looking into. The record audio option is not available in quiz essay questions. I cannot find anything that documents why the toolbar changes for quizzes and feedback.

Thanks,

Sean

In reply to Sean McKenna

Re: audio and video recording buttons in the HTML editor

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

Just to confirm that audio or video feedback for an assignment is indeed an option in Moodle 3.6 onwards.

Sean, regarding quiz essay questions, have you tried selecting 'HTML editor with file picker' as response format? You should then see the audio and video recording buttons in the HTML editor.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)