Self-Enrollment and Auto-enrolment Keep Turning Off

Self-Enrollment and Auto-enrolment Keep Turning Off

by Rebecca McAllister -
Number of replies: 4

I have used two different plugins, self-enrolment and auto-enrolment and both of them keep turning off. It has been activated in all the courses. I have to go back into the admin and click the eye to make it visible again and it becomes available again but I can't check every day. 

I only have manual and auto-enrolment enabled for all courses. Guest has been removed from courses.

I cannot find anything that might be triggering this problem.  Currently using Moodle 2.9+ (Build: 20150514)  - Yes, I know I need to upgrade but I keep having to put out fires like this one!

Help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rebecca McAllister

Re: Self-Enrollment and Auto-enrolment Keep Turning Off

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

How do you know it is being turned off?  Do you just return to the enrollment plugins page?  Have you tried clearing caches - chances are it is still on but you are seeing a cached page that is not refreshing for some reason...

If it is actually turning off, does it does regularly?  At a specific time each day?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Rebecca McAllister -
I set auto-enroll for all courses, tested it and it worked. Also outside person tested as a student and it worked for them. The next day the employee goes to take the course and they can't auto-enrol, (happened with self-enroll too), though 7 people were able to auto-enrol that day according to the system. 

When I log back in as admin, the icon is gone on all the courses and when I go back into the admin and view the "Manage enrol plugins" the plugin is disabled (the eye has a line through it).  No one else had admin access to make a change.  I enabled it and everything was back. 

It doesn't seem to be a certain time of the day, nothing is running (no cron jobs or anything).  It works for a few people and then nothing. 

Attachment Capture.JPG
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Rebecca McAllister -
It continues to do this.  I'm not sure why.. I activate it in site admin - plugins - enrolment and it just deactivates.   Help? Has anyone ever run across this before? 
Attachment Capture.JPG
In reply to Rebecca McAllister

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you checked the logs?  How is your server set up?  Did you try clearing caches?  Is there another administrator that has the capability to disable it?