Common Cartridge Restore Is Passing Custom Parameter Value 0 But It Should Not

Common Cartridge Restore Is Passing Custom Parameter Value 0 But It Should Not

by Robert Connolly -
Number of replies: 0

I am new to the Forums here, and I hope I have found the correct place to pose my question! I am incorporating a new online homework system called Knewton Alta and after creating several assignments on Alta I export a Common Cartridge file and restore it on my course Moodle page in order to automate the creation of many many external tool items for my assignments (about 300).

I spent several days working to determine why the external tools I made manually showed up in the grade book, the online HW was vetted and approved by our LMS team, but those produced by the restore of a Common Cartridge did not. I was able to determine that the external tool items created via the Common Cartridge were assigned a custom parameter of 0, where those I created were not.

When I opened each external tool item that resulted from the Common Cartridge restore, deleted the 0 value from the custom parameter field, and saved the external tool, the item appeared in the grade book and the drop down option in the grade portion of the external tool settings also appeared allowing me to designate what category in the grade book the external tool (assignment) should be in.

I spent the last three days reading about the custom parameter and I tried to add several forms of the following to the BasicLTI.xml file:

<blti:custom>

<lticm:property name="instructorcustom">$@NULL@$</lticm:property>

</blti:custom>

I also found this issue: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-38430 but I wasn't sure if it applied to my situation, although it seemed as though it may.

I teach 4 courses with 200-300 assignments in each and this issue exists for each, if there are any suggestions at all I would truly appreciate them!

If any additional information is needed please request and I will follow up ASAP!

- Rob

Average of ratings: -