Grid format JPGs rended as PNGs

Grid format JPGs rended as PNGs

{$a->নাম} - {$a->তারিখ} দ্বারা
Number of replies: 3

I have some courses with a grid format. 

Their grids contain pictures to illustrate the topics. These pictures display successfully on all common browsers, except Internet Explorer (version 11 tested).

The %server%/pluginfile.php/123456/course/section/12345/gridimage/picture.jpg pictures are being sent to browsers in the PNG format. Most browsers work out they should ignore the filename but IE doesn't.

Other JPGs in the course work fine.

I'm using Moodle 3.4 on Apache.

Is there any particular way the server (especially PHP) might be set up that would be having this effect?

রেটিং এর গড়: -
In reply to Matthew Cook

Re: Grid format JPGs rended as PNGs

Core developers এর ছবি Particularly helpful Moodlers এর ছবি Plugin developers এর ছবি

So you're saying that the grid format sends jpg's as png's despite the file extension?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Core developers এর ছবি Particularly helpful Moodlers এর ছবি Plugin developers এর ছবি

Ok, its a bug, will fix at some point.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Thanks.

Yes, despite the file extension, the JPG grid format topic pictures on my Moodle instance are being rendered as PNGs (but not the other JPGs in the course). If this was happening for everyone, I imagine nearly 100% of users would be upset. So I expect the issue is specific to the way my server is set up.