Outsider Access to a Course

Outsider Access to a Course

by Mark Bohn -
Number of replies: 0

My apologies if this topic and answer already exists...I certainly can not find it.

So, I have a specific need and can not figure out how to do this...

I want to grant access to an individual to any given course so that they can login, view content, take quiz and that is it.  When I mean, that is it...I mean, I do not want them to be able to see or navigate anywhere else within the site.  I don't want them to be able to find a breadcrumb link to courses, I don't want them to be able to click anything that will allow them to see anything other than the course/activities that I assign to them.

I do want to maintain and store this individuals grades (history).

After they log in and view the course and complete the quiz they will remain in the system, but again, with VERY limited access to the site.  Until, at some point and time, they are "promoted" to site user (student).

I was attempting to accomplish this using the GUEST role but I am able to see content within the site, despite "prohibiting everything.  Am I missing something?

Use case example:  applicant logging in to take an entrance exam.  If they do not pass and are not offered the job their access will be suspended but their profile and "grades" will be kept for posterity.

Thank you all in advance,

Mark Bohn

Average of ratings: -