Any issues with Moodle 3.5 ?

Any issues with Moodle 3.5 ?

by Michel DENIS -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

Has someone fount problems when running this block on a Moodle 3.5 platform ?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

-michel

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Michel DENIS

Re: Any issues with Moodle 3.5 ?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I have installed successfully and fired up a report on 3.5 with no apparent issues.

In reply to Michel DENIS

by Chris Toselli -

We have - we noticed that it's returning an error "no such column" - this if for a custom SQL query.  Any help / thoughts would be helpful.

Debug info: 
Error code: nosuchcolumn
$a contents:
Stack trace:
  • line 482 of /lib/setuplib.php: moodle_exception thrown
  • line 114 of /blocks/configurable_reports/components/filters/fuserfield/plugin.class.php: call to print_error()
  • line 146 of /blocks/configurable_reports/report.class.php: call to plugin_fuserfield->print_filter()
  • line 32 of /blocks/configurable_reports/filter_form.php: call to report_base->add_filter_elements()
  • line 204 of /lib/formslib.php: call to report_edit_form->definition()
  • line 171 of /blocks/configurable_reports/report.class.php: call to moodleform->__construct()
  • line 80 of /blocks/configurable_reports/viewreport.php: call to report_base->check_filters_request()
Output buffer: <br /> <b>Notice</b>: report_sql::create_report(): The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition &quot;object&quot; of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ unserialize() gets called or provide a __autoload() function to load the class definition in <b>.../public_html/blocks/configurable_reports/reports/sql/report.class.php</b> on line <b>108</b><br /> <br /> <b>Notice</b>: plugin_fuserfield::print_filter(): The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition &quot;object&quot; of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ unserialize() gets called or provide a __autoload() function to load the class definition in <b>.../public_html/blocks/configurable_reports/components/filters/fuserfield/plugin.class.php</b> on line <b>113</b><br />

It strips out all the custom SQL code as a result - leaving no query.

In reply to Chris Toselli

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Since i've upgraded from Moodle 3.3.7 (everything was OK) to Moodle 3.5.1, i also have big problems with configurable report bloc : most of my SQL reports show no results, and they are void if i try to look at the SQL.

But (at least) one is OK: i can see the SQL, and it provides results. The SQL query is on several lines.

This bloc really need some updating... sad

Séverin

In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

To complement previous information : i have the chance to have a complete backup of my installation, before upgrading.

If i do copy the SQL query from the backup platform (3.3.7), and paste it to the new one (3.5.1), the SQL query is Ok and shows results. It's a pain to have to do it manually for several queries, but it allows to have something functionnal in the end.

I don't know/understand (for the moment) what was the cause of this problem (a change in Moodle ?).

HTH,
Séverin