I am receiving the error message "Invalid response value detected" when trying to access quizzes (via a hyperlinked label) using the iOS mobile app but not from Android devices. But I can access the quiz when I go direct to the quiz (without the label hyperlink).
In a nutshell I have built a course using only labels which then link to videos, quizzes, documents etc that sit in the last topic in the course. Once it is finished I shall orphan this topic so it is effectively hidden from view. Everything works fine on desktops and android devices via the Moodle app. The issues are with the iOS app as I have detailed above.
I'd be grateful for any help with this. Everything seems to point an issue with the iOS app but you may think otherwise.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I can't say whether this is a new error or not as this is the first time that I've built a course using labels as shortcuts to activities. I'm afraid I can't send a backup of the course as it is emblazoned with the clients details so I am not permitted to share.
The strange thing is that I am able to view external sites, documents, videos from a label with a hyperlink. It is only when it comes to accessing a quiz via a hyperlink when it fails - but only with the iOS app. The Android app works like a charm. So the question is what is the iOS app doing differently?
BTW I have just installed the new iOS app 3.5.0 (version code 3501)
sorry for the delay in answering, it's been some crazy months lately.
Is the issue still happening with the latest version v3.5.1? If so, can you share with an example of the link you're using? You can omit your domain if you want.
Yes the issue is still happening with moodle app is 3.5.1 and an example of the link
This works on the android app.
Hope this helps. And thanks
(Editado por Dani Palou - envío original martes, 31 de julio de 2018, 16:21)
I was just trying this with one of our quizzes and it's working fine for me, maybe it only happens with certain settings. The Android and iOS apps should have the same behaviour, so it's quite weird this is happening.
Are you using a teacher or a student user when the error happens?
Have you tried if the error also happens with other users?
Since you cannot send us a backup I'll ask you to perform some tests to see if we can narrow down the problem.
- Try to put the quiz in another section and check if the error still happens.
- Duplicate the quiz (the new one won't have user data) and check if the error still happens.
- If the duplicated quiz still has the error, please remove all the questions and check if the error still happens.
- If the duplicated quiz with no questions still has the error, could you send us a backup so we can take a look at its settings? The quiz shouldn't have any user data now.
Well blow me down!! I have just reset my app and logged in as a test student and it works fine. It only seems to report back the error when logged in as admin. Do you know why this is? (i'm assuming you have a hunch as it is first thing on your checklist to test).
Thanks for all your help - I can sleep well tonight now. I'd sleep even better if you were able to edit my post with the domain name in (schoolboy error - doh!)
glad to know it's working for students. I don't know why is it failing for the admin, I just tested this with an admin and it's also working fine for me. I asked about this because some errors only happen on students or teachers, so knowing that would make it easier to find the cause of the error.
I also edited your post.
I got the Error message "Invalid response value detected" when accessing quizzes from an iOS mobile app. During using the iTunes on iPhone it occurs a common error iTunes error 5105 if you also having a problem like this type of error then no need to worry about it just visit the website and consult with the iPhone Support team.