Assignment gives 'storedfilecannotcreatefile' error on marking

Assignment gives 'storedfilecannotcreatefile' error on marking

by Tom Smith -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all

A strange one this. I have an assignment that is a record of an offline task that we do. The assignment has a due date but no file submission or online text etc. It uses a rubric marking. When I go to mark it, after completing the rubric and clicking 'save' (or 'save and show next') I get the error:

storedfilecannotcreatefile
Can not create local file pool file, please verify permissions in dataroot and available disk space.

This is moodle 3.4.

Pertinent points:

• the moodledata on the server IS writable by the www-data AND has plenty of space
  • everything else on this server and course works fine - I can upload files, students can submit, other assignments can be marked no problem
  • It is just this one assignment, and another assignment that is a 'clone' of this, that are causing the bizarre error.

Googling around, other people seem to have had these issues when the server is out of space or has write permission issues, but that doesn't apply here. It is an errant error!

Any advice appreciated

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Smith

Re: Assignment gives 'storedfilecannotcreatefile' error on marking

by Tom Smith -

I've checked the server logs (/var/log/apache2/error.log and access.log). There are no error messages reported. The background AJAX call that appears to occur when clicking 'save and show next' is:

(ip) - - [22/Jun/2018:09:12:23 +0100] "POST /lib/ajax/service.php?sesskey=<KEY>&info=mod_assign_submit_grading_form HTTP/1.1" 200 690 "https://URL/mod/assign/view.php?id=210&rownum=0&action=grader&userid=<USERID>" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0"

[source: Apache's access.log]

Any thoughts anyone?