Boost Theme Cogs/Gear Icon

Boost Theme Cogs/Gear Icon

by John Banner -
Number of replies: 10

When viewing quiz results there is no way to view the statistics for the exam unless you go back to the main quiz view page them click the cog-> Results >Statistics

Anyway with the next updates to keep the Quiz cog on the quiz cards so it does not disappear when viewing quiz results?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Banner

Re: Boost Theme Cogs/Gear Icon

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Gareth, I suspect the OP ment to say this... Is there any way, with the next update, to keep the Quiz cog on the quiz cards so it does not disappear when viewing quiz results? Cheers Mary
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by John Banner -

basically yes, see attached, the Cog disappears when viewing attempts so in order to view statistics or other quiz related items you have to go back each and everytime.

quiz cog

and when you click Attempts its gone,

quiz cog gone

In reply to John Banner

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

If you have Admin permissions for the your site can you test to see if the same thing happen when using the CLEAN theme?

If it works in the Clean theme then its a Moodle BUG in Boost and can be fixed as such.

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by John Banner -

The Clean theme doesn't use the same formatting as Boost, so using Clean, we get the old Admin menu on the left side no matter what page we are on so we always have access to results, stats, etc.., and since Boost doesn't have this menu it is under the Cog and is gone when on any other page except the quiz entry page

quix cog clean

In reply to John Banner

by Mary Evans -

If that is the case, then this needs fixing or at least a new link in the Cog menu as an Improvement.

I'll see if I can find out if this is possible or not...sounds odd to me.

That said have you tried looking in Site Administration for this link?

I'll take a look now and see if I can find it.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to John Banner

by Mary Evans -

I found that if you click on the icon (magnifying glass?) in the Grade book page for a Students mark for a Quiz then this takes you to the Stats report...or you can get to the Stats from there. But then again I think this is more or less what you said, and I agree it'snot really a good way of doing things, given the ease from within any Bootstrapbase theme.

It needs reporting and fixing.

There may be a Moodle Tracker issued for this already! You could try searching and see if any show up?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to John Banner

by Mary Evans -

I have just found a tracker issue MDL-58120 which is related to your problem.

You might like to VOTE for this to get it more attention.

So spread the work around.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by John Banner -

THANKS for finding it! I just applied the changes that Jonathan posted above in the tracker comments and fixes quiz as well as the other activities.

In reply to John Banner

by Mary Evans -

I think I will add that change to a theme I am working on. Simple and so effective!

Excelent!

Cheers

Mary