How to overcome A required parameter (passport) was missing

How to overcome A required parameter (passport) was missing

by Sam Suresh -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi

I found even the new 3.5 mobile app have the redirection issue when using OAuth SSO.

When a user logged in using SSO, Moodle throw error 

A required parameter (passport) was missing

Taking Dani's advice on other thread, I have made

http://mysite.com/login/token.php NOT HTTPS but everything else is HTTPS by htaccess. 

However this issue still persists. This is very annoying that everyone have to see an error after login. 

What is the right way to get rid of this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Sam
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam Suresh

Re: How to overcome A required parameter (passport) was missing

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Sam,

sorry for the delay in answering, it's been some crazy months lately.

Were you able to fix the issue?

Cheers,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Sam Suresh -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Dani,

We use custom OAuth service to connect to Moodle OAuth. 

It seems moodle sending out a passport but the response is not returned with a passport id. So the missing passport happens.

I believe this is something to set in OAuth server? However OAuth team cant fix it. I still have this issue and thinking of removing passport parameter. Is it possible since its not a very important element and used to identify request only? What you think?

In reply to Sam Suresh

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Sam,

the "passport" parameter is generated by the app to identify the request. Once the SSO is done, the app is opened again with the same passport so it can identify and validate the request. If you remove the passport parameter, the app will be launched but the user won't be authenticated since the app won't be able to validate the passport.

Cheers,

Dani