drag and drop file upload not working for one faculty member's account

drag and drop file upload not working for one faculty member's account

by Keith Landa -
Number of replies: 1

I have a faculty member who can't drag and drop files onto Moodle course sections to upload them.

When I am logged in as me or as a different faculty member, I can go to a course, turn editing on, and can drag and drop files onto Moodle course sections with no problems.

When I log in as that specific instructor, go to one of his courses, and turn editing on:

• There is no message saying "Drag and drop files onto course sections to upload them...." as I get when I am logged in as me or as other faculty members.
  • When I try to drag and drop a file onto a course section, no file upload area appears.

If I am logged in as him, and add a File resource to the course, drag and drop works fine with the file upload field on the File settings page, and the File Picker also works from the File settings page.

Is there a specific account setting that would disable drag and drop to the front page of a course?

Thanks.

keith landa; teaching, learning, and technology center; purchase college suny

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Keith Landa

Re: drag and drop file upload not working for one faculty member's account

by Keith Landa -

I did some more testing, and it's actually just one course shell where drag and drop upload doesn't work.  I tested that course space logged in as me or as the instructor, and drag and drop file upload doesn't work in either case.  

When logged in as the instructor, drag and drop file upload works in his other course shells.  So not a problem with his account as I thought before.