Mark a activity in Moodle as complete using a trigger in Storyline Content (SCORM 1.2) - Moodle 3.5 & Articulate 360

Mark a activity in Moodle as complete using a trigger in Storyline Content (SCORM 1.2) - Moodle 3.5 & Articulate 360

by Luan Snyman -
Number of replies: 4

We've been trying for a while, and failing to create a set of triggers that will:

1.    Close the window in which the Articulate content opened (We'd prefere the content to prevent a student from clicking elsewhere, thus we opted for the 'open in new window' option in Moodle.

2.    Mark the linked Activity in Moodle as complete (ticked) once the window has closed.

I've tried using several sets of JavaScript and, to date, none have worked.

Download link for .story file (too big to upload here): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f7D5Fg9W4HiM-HmmafWqhDi8lZH8A6hY/view?usp=sharing

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you and Kind Regards

Luan
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luan Snyman

Re: Mark a activity in Moodle as complete using a trigger in Storyline Content (SCORM 1.2) - Moodle 3.5 & Articulate 360

by Rachel Martin -

I don't have articulate 360, but helping troubleshoot items with our instructional designers, I would recommend the following:

1. Trigger completion off of the last slide, where your exit or close would be located.  The reasoning behind this is that, depending on what all you are saving, sometimes the exit might come before your completion gets set and saved.  I've had it work in one browser and then another manages to close the window before it saves.

https://articulate.com/support/article/storyline-360-course-completion-trigger

2. An exit button would typically call something like window.close();  In our Lectora courses that open in a new window, the exit typically calls parent.top.close(); to grab the main frame.

In reply to Rachel Martin

Re: Mark a activity in Moodle as complete using a trigger in Storyline Content (SCORM 1.2) - Moodle 3.5 & Articulate 360

by Luan Snyman -

Hello Rachel.

Thank you for the advice.
I'll have a look and see if I can manage to change the triggers accordingly, perhaps making use of the goodbye.html file in the published file.

Thank you and kind regards
Luan

In reply to Rachel Martin

by Mathew Gancarz -
Picture of Core developers

To add onto this, we've seen students close a module before they even get to the final summary slide. We've started marking the activity as complete when they reach the second to last page/slide, before the summary.

For Moodle completion, we make sure we set activity completion to:

1. Require minimum score - Disable
  2. Require Status - Completed

In reply to Mathew Gancarz

by Luan Snyman -

Hello Mathew 

Thank you. I'll make sure to test and implement as you've suggested.

I have previously managed to get it right that the scores get recorded and, after completion, the goodbye.html displays.

But I'll test and try again smile

Thank you again smile

Regards
Luan