Two questions: 1) simultaneous classtimes 2) location

Two questions: 1) simultaneous classtimes 2) location

by Doug Funnie -
Number of replies: 3

1) Let's say I have two classrooms:

Mathematics

English

Why can't I have individual instances of the scheduler plugin with overlapping timetables?

Like, an English class on Friday at 9 am and a math class on Friday at 9 am?

2) For the location slot, is it possible to use a hyperlink?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Doug Funnie

Re: Two questions: 1) simultaneous classtimes 2) location

by Scott Burnett -

I believe this is possible. When you are setting up the time slot there is a location for ignoring scheduling conflicts. I am using 3.2 so I don't know if that is still available in your version. But if you select that box then the system will ignore the scheduling conflicts.

In reply to Scott Burnett

by Doug Funnie -

Thanks for the reply, Scott. I looked in to this, and it looks like the ignore scheduling conflicts feature only shows up for individual classes. If you create a chain of timeslots simultaneously, the only similar option is Force when overlap, which just deletes other courses running during the same time.

Anyway, I realized what the main problem was. Schedule is really based on what teacher is teaching the course. As I was testing the plugin, I had the same teacher set to multiple slots in different classes.

In reply to Doug Funnie

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

This is correct. Scheduler tries to prevent conflicts in the calendar of each teacher, even across different instances of Scheduler.

N.B. the location field can't take formatting or hyperlinks.