Missing upload presentation button in BigBlueButton

Missing upload presentation button in BigBlueButton

by Edmund Evangelista -
Number of replies: 3

Our BigBlueButton is working smoothly previously, faculty are able to upload presentation files during the session. However, just recently this button is gone already. Faculty are no longer able to upload a presentation file. The funny thing, Admins are still having this button but not the faculty. Our Moodle version is v3.1 while our BigBlueButton version is v2.1.1. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Edmund Evangelista

Re: Missing upload presentation button in BigBlueButton

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Edmund,

For what I can see in the image, this is because the user is getting into BBB as a viewer (normally student). Check the participant list for the BigBlueButtonBN activity and make sure the user or the role is matched with the BBB Moderator Role.

Jesus Federico

In reply to Jesus Federico

by Edmund Evangelista -

Hi Federico, the account is assigned as teacher as shown below. That role written in Arabic is equivalent to teacher.

This happened to us previously already. When I updated the build version of my BBB, suddenly faculty was not able to upload documents. What I did is to uninstall it, and installed an old version, then all things went back to normal. However, I cannot keep on doing this because I will lose all the recordings. I am assuming that there might be a bug on my BBB's installed version.

In reply to Edmund Evangelista

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Edmund,

I am sorry I can not understand your image, I can only read English, Spanish and French, a bit of Italian and Portuguese ;)

If I understand your message clearly, you are looking at the user role in Moodle, not in BigBlueButton

When you are editing the BigBlueButtonBN activity you should see something like this:PArticipants ina BigBluebuttonBN room/activity. Version 2.3.4 on Moodle 3.5