Where can I change the text color of an active tab in Fordson v3.5 Release 2?

Re: Where can I change the text color of an active tab in Fordson v3.5 Release 2?

by Chris Kenniburg -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Narit,

There have been many, many changes from Moodle 3.3 to 3.6.  I don't have a test site anymore.  We generally keep current minus 1 version for support.  Bootstrap might still use these variables:

// Tabs

$nav-tabs-border-color:             $gray-300 !default;

$nav-tabs-link-active-color:        $gray-900 !default;

$nav-tabs-link-active-bg:           $gray-200 !default;

This would make the text very dark and a light gray background color.

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: Where can I change the text color of an active tab in Fordson v3.5 Release 2?

by Narit B -

Hi Chris 

Thank you for replied my question.

For now i can change the Navbar background and Top Navigation bar Link Colour by using in Fordson theme setting but i still can't find where i can changing the Active Navigation bar Link colour? please see the picture as below;

Note: For now  when mouse over on bar link the text change to Yellow color automatically. Can i change the color also?  

So as you mentioned, Do i need to open up the fordson/scss/preset/ folder and look on the are right? or just put this code into the Raw initial SCSS or Raw SCSS box in theme fordson setting?

Another question, How can i change the font color of Footer section? 

Thank you in advance

In reply to Narit B

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Narit,

The default template for the top navbar wants a white background and dark text.  It is pretty hard to make changes via CSS to this because it is hard-coded in the mustache template.  

I realize most people concerned about an overall look and feel of a website would want to change that and in the next release (Fordson 1.3 for Moodle 3.6) we will remove this hard coded color choices and introduce a set of new variables within the Fordson theme to change the colors of the top navbar: 

// these are for text colors
$navbar-fhs-color:                  $dark !default;
$navbar-fhs-active-color:           $dark !default;              
$navbar-fhs-hover-color:            darken($navbar-fhs-color, 10%) !default;
$navbar-fhs-disabled-color:         $dark !default;

// these are for background colors. 
$topnavbarbg:                       $white !default;
$teachernavbarcolor:                #f3f1a6 !default;
$studentnavbarcolor:                $topnavbarbg !default;
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Ariane Cleverly -

How do I change the color of the hyperlinks?  right now it is gray