Is it Fordson or is it Boost? Tips and Tricks

Is it Fordson or is it Boost? Tips and Tricks

by Chris Kenniburg -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Did you know you can get all the cool enhancements of Fordson but maintain the clean and orderly look of Boost?  Yep, you can use Fordson with it's Custom Login Page, Easy Enrollment plugin integration, Course Management Panel, slideshow and marketing spots, Customized Activity Chooser, and still make the site look and feel like Boost.

This is all because of the modular approach we took during the Moodle 3.5 update which allows the site admin to pick and choose how elements of a page are presented.  This modular approach provides over 160 unique combinations of layouts and styles.  

Start with Boost and build upon that by maybe altering how the Section topics are styled or courses are displayed in list view.  

The choices are plenty!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: Is it Fordson or is it Boost? Tips and Tricks

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Is this a bit of publicity or just a heads up to new comers?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Chris Kenniburg -

A heads up and tip for those who are using Fordson.  Sometimes there are so many settings it is hard to understand what is possible.

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Well forgive me for saying this, but the Wonderbox, as you call it, looks and works very like an old Moodle 2 theme idea that Shaun Doubney first introduced.  Richard Oelmann also had some input, in that he coded and added an Events list to the Aardvark theme at that time.   I was the one who finally came up with the idea of adding the blocks themselves to work inside that dropdown .

https://www.moodlenews.com/2011/great-new-theme-for-2-0-aardvark-postit-by-mary-evans/

It was really the best time of my life...so thanks for bringing that idea back again!

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Chris Kenniburg -

I remember seeing your theme and thinking how cool that was to have a "user dashboard" right there.  It really was ahead of it's time in terms of usability and functionality. 

Wonderbox.... i had no idea what to call it so I went with that!  lol.  It's basically just all the custom elements of the homepage.