Read Aloud

Read Aloud

by Jonathan Grimes -
Number of replies: 10

Is there  a plugin to where I can record myself reading the questions of my quiz, so students can lesson to them when they take the quiz?

რეიტინგების საშუალო: -
In reply to Jonathan Grimes

Re: Read Aloud

by Mary Cooch -
Documentation writers სურათი Moodle HQ სურათი Particularly helpful Moodlers სურათი Testers სურათი Translators სურათი

If you have the latest version of Moodle, Moodle 3.5 then you can use the built in sound and video recorder - see the video below. If not then you can use it as a plugin - https://moodle.org/plugins/?q=recordrtc

რეიტინგების საშუალო: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Core developers სურათი Particularly helpful Moodlers სურათი Translators სურათი

Hi Mary
I've tried this with essay question. The editor is used but its not possibleto use RTC video. Do oyu know how to activate it?

Ralf

In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by Mary Cooch -
Documentation writers სურათი Moodle HQ სურათი Particularly helpful Moodlers სურათი Testers სურათი Translators სურათი

I found that the teacher can record him/herself in the essay description and in the grading feedback, but the student cannot record their response in an essay. I suspect this is because they cannot upload files into the Quiz essay question (note they cannot upload images but only  provide a link) I am hoping that MDL-27520 will bring some advances in this, although it isn't directly related to the quiz essay question.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Tim Hunt -
Core developers სურათი Documentation writers სურათი Particularly helpful Moodlers სურათი Peer reviewers სურათი Plugin developers სურათი

Well, whether the student can upload files or not is an option for the teacher creating the question: https://docs.moodle.org/35/en/Essay_question_type#Response_options

If you turn that on, it should work.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mary Cooch -

I've allowed them to upload files but I still don't see the two new icons for camera and audio? (Yes, students can upload a recording but don't seem to be able to use the recordrtc feature)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Tim Hunt -
Core developers სურათი Documentation writers სურათი Particularly helpful Moodlers სურათი Peer reviewers სურათი Plugin developers სურათი

I don't understand why that should be. Surely it should work. However, sadly I have not had time to try the new plugin myself, and I don't really have time ot look into it right now. I hope someone can becuase it would be a nice feature to get working.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Daniel Thies -
Core developers სურათი Plugin developers სურათი Testers სურათი

The setting allows files to be attached to the submission, but it does not allow inclusion of plugin files in the text of the response. Video and audio can only be embedded in the text of essay as links so the editor plugin should not be expected to work here.

რეიტინგების საშუალო: Useful (3)
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by AL Rachels -
Core developers სურათი Particularly helpful Moodlers სურათი Plugin developers სურათი Testers სურათი

If you want to use audio/video in quizzes the most versatile option is to use all the PoodLL stuff. PoodLL does cost money, but since it has capability in just about all facets of Moodle, to me it is worth the cost. You can create quiz questions, assignments, repositories, database fields, etc.

რეიტინგების საშუალო: Useful (2)