Default completion tracking for activities and resources

Default completion tracking for activities and resources

by Philippe Roth -
Number of replies: 4

Dear All,

I would like to know if there is a way to set the default activity/resource completion for the whole site?

My question is not about activating completion tracking which I know how to set, but how we can set defaults for the whole site and not only in courses, as we would do using Course Settings/course completion/Default activity completion. Can we set it at a site level and not a course level?

For instance, if we consider Labels, we could set them to "Do not indicate activity completion". By default, they are set to "Students can manually mark the activity as completed"...

If we can set the default activity/resource completion for the whole site, each time we would create a new label in any course, it would be set to "Do not indicate activity completion", and we would not have to set it for each course...

(I hope you understood my reuest ;o)

Many thanks in advance for your help,
Phil

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Philippe Roth

Re: Default completion tracking for activities and resources

by Heather P -

Hi

I understand. I also want an answer to this. Especially for labels. 

Did you find a solution or is it just not possible and has to be done on each course separately? I hope it is possible as it is really tedious setting it on each new course!

Thank you

Heather

In reply to Heather P

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

You should check if something already exists about this functionnality in the tracker, and add it if not (and report the link here).

Séverin

In reply to Séverin Terrier

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

... which is the same as the official Moodle documentation at https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Activity_completion_settings#Changing_activity_completion_settings_in_bulk

The link you supplied is for that organisation’s particularly installation of Moodle and the version that they are currently using, which may be slightly out of sync with the latest version of Moodle so usually better to seek out the links to the official documentation.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)