Breadcrumb scss problem in Moodle 3.5

Breadcrumb scss problem in Moodle 3.5

by Oliver W -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

I have tested upgrading from 3.4.3 to 3.5 and noticed that my boost theme was broken. I figured out that it was related to changes in the default.scss file which I used as a basis for changing the background of the login page and the banner picture. When I use the new default.scss file that comes with Moodle 3.5 as basis and add my own modifications to it almost everything works but I am missing the grey box around the breadcrumb navigation path. I'm including a screenshot from Moodle 3.4.3 of how it used to be and how I want it again and a screenshot from Moodle 3.5.

I tried to change the background color:

$breadcrumb-bg:                 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.8) !default;

but now the box expands to the entire width of the page

What do I have to do to get the box back in Moodle 3.5 just like it was in Moodle 3.4

Thanks for a hint

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is how the box looked in Moodle 3.4

This is how it looks in Moodle 3.5

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Oliver W

Re: Breadcrumb scss problem in Moodle 3.5

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It would be better if you removed any changes you have made, in other words, get back to the default look of Boost.

If you are wanting to make changes, other than scss via the 'Raw Initial SCSS' or the 'Raw SCSS', in Boost settings, then you would be better creating a Child theme of Boost and making your adjustments there.

There is a Moodle Doc that explains how to do this, although it may not have been updated yet.

https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Creating_a_theme_based_on_boost

Hope this helps?

Mary