webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen not working in Snap

webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen not working in Snap

by Sebastian Vencken -
Number of replies: 4

For some reason, I cannot get a full-screen option for my videos in resources in Moodle Snap theme. I insert the following into HTML using Atto or TinyMCE

<iframe src="https://media.heanet.ie/p/Selecting%2C+transforming+and+recoding+your+data/riUcm3" name="1df7c12dc13ad5cca2d3744eec2f5957" width="640" height="360" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Despite the addition of webkitAllowFullScreen and allowFullScreen the full-screen option does not appear. Strangely, within Atto or TinyMCE, the video does have a full screen option, but this disappears on the frontpage.

Anybody any ideas? Is there a setting I'm missing?

Moodle 3.4.1

Snap 3.3.1

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sebastian Vencken

Re: webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen not working in Snap

by Sebastian Vencken -

When I embed a Youtube video, this issue also occurs and I get a 'Full screen is unavailable'.

This issue is not unique to Snap, but to Moodle itself. All Boost and Clean themes don't appear to show the full screen option either.

Has anybody else have a similar issue?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Do you need to embed it?

I am sure you can just type in the URL for the Video and Moodle displays it.

Let me see if that works...I am sure it used to!

Looks to be working OK or have I missed what you mean by Full Screen. I got it to take up the whole screen.

Let me see what happens with an embedded one.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8KKGiDEkfIA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ah...it is as I expected. It;s the embedded iframe code that stops the ability to expand it to the Full Screen view.

Next time just select to take the URL and NOT the embedded one.!!!

In reply to Mary Evans

by Sebastian Vencken -

Thanks for your reply Mary. Unfortunately I'm embedding videos from a site that is not automatically recognised by Moodle. I have found a solution however. It appears that the HTML tidy filter is causing this issue. Disabling this filter fixes the problem.

It may be worth listing this as a bug.

by MAG II -

Hello - 

I looked into your Filter suggestion and saw that my HTML Tidy filter was already disabled. I am currently struggling with displaying an embedded presentation in full screen. I am using the H5P plugin Presentation activity. When uploading a presentation the embed <iframe>  link is readily available. I copy and paste this link to my course topic and the presentation is displayed, but the full screen doesn't cover the entire monitor. The bottom 3rd of the screen is just black.

Is there any workaround for this? I just want my students to be able to view an embedded presentation from a course topic in full screen properly.