Moodle mobile works but Moodle Desktop doesnt

Moodle mobile works but Moodle Desktop doesnt

by Jason Wein -
Number of replies: 2

Does anybody have a problem like I am with the fact that Moodle mobile Works Without any problem And I cannot get Moodle desktop To Even get me to the login page? It says that it cannot connect To the server

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Wein

Re: Moodle mobile works but Moodle Desktop doesnt

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Jason,

this may happen because the Windows version expect a perfect formatted response from the server (we didn't do that, is because the underlying technology used)

Please, send me via private message your site url so I can check

In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: Moodle mobile works but Moodle Desktop doesnt

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Just a follow-up, after receiving the URL I confirmed that is a problem (the token.php is returning a weird error).

As I said in my original post, the underlying technology of the desktop version will make the desktop app stop working because it expects a JSON response and not a standard Moodle error (and it's nothing we can't control)

This was recently reported in MOBILE-2375

So, in order to fix this, you need to go the Moodle FAQ, https://docs.moodle.org/34/en/Moodle_Mobile_FAQ#I_can.27t_get_the_app_to_work._What_can_I_do.3F, and check one by one all the possible errors.

In this case it seems you are using an authentication plugin badly configured (or a non-core authentication plugin), so check points 2 and 3.