Assignment activity: odd behaviour of filters in "view all submissions" screen

Assignment activity: odd behaviour of filters in "view all submissions" screen

by Dan H -
Number of replies: 1

Dear All,

I've observed the following behaviour of Assignment activities, which I think is rather strange, and I wonder whether anyone can comment on whether Assignments behave this way by design, or whether it's a bug, please.

The behaviour in question is as follows:

Starting point: a Moodle server containing two courses, course A and course B, with one Assignment activity in each course: Assignment 1 in course A and Assignment 2 in course B, initially set up so that, in the "view all submissions" screens of both assignments, the "filter" drop-down menus are set to "no filter".

Firstly, I log in to the Moodle server and open the "view all submissions" screen of Assignment 1 in course A.

Next, I set the "filter" drop-down menu in the "view all submissions" screen of Assignment 1 in course A to "submitted".

Then I log out.

Some time later, I log in to the Moodle server and open the "view all submissions" screen of Assignment 2 in course B.

I find, to my surprise, that the "filter" drop-down menu in the "view all submissions" screen of Assignment 2 in course B is now set to "submitted".

[The above observations were made in Moodle 3.2.]

Thanks for any advice,

Kind regards,

Dan H

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan H

Re: Assignment activity: odd behaviour of filters in "view all submissions" screen

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

When you select the filter view for an assignment, it remembers it as a user preference. The next time you view an assignment, it retrieves the last filter you used from the preferences.

So, what you have described sounds like it is all working as expected.