Help! I've restricted access on a course and can't amend it now.

Help! I've restricted access on a course and can't amend it now.

by Louisa North -
Number of replies: 5

Hi

I'm using Moodle 3.4.

Restriction using days plugin

I have just added a time restriction to delivery of some topics based on enrolment date, within a course.  However, I now am unable to access the restrictions to change them as I need to change it from 14 days to 35 days.  Does anyone know how I can fix this?  I've spent 7 hours looking through documents and posts to see if there is anything there but nothing is helping me.

Thanks in advance.

Loo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Louisa North

Re: Help! I've restricted access on a course and can't amend it now.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

When you say you are unable to change it, what do you see? What is stopping you changing it?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Louisa North -

Hi Mary,

My screen looks like this

I can't go into the access restrictions.  

In reply to Louisa North

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Try with different browsers - is it this plugin? https://moodle.org/plugins/availability_days ; ? If so then it is only developed up to Moodle 3.2 - perhaps that is why it isn't working as well as it should?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Louisa North -

Thanks Mary,  Is there any way of me amending it?  I've tried a different browser but still no access.  Should I uninstall it?

In reply to Louisa North

by Mary Cooch -

If you have admin access then I would uninstall it, yes and that should allow you to fix the restrict access. I had a similar problem once with an out of date availability restriction plugin that just showed code instead of restrictions when I clicke don the Restrict access settings, so I uninstalled it and the settings and course worked again.