Ordering of students on attendance register

Ordering of students on attendance register

by James Steerpike -
Number of replies: 0

Some decisions I have made are starting to bite me.

First, I teach students whose names are in Chinese characters and my reading of hanzi is very limited. I got around this by using language customization to change first name to Chinese name, surname to their English nickname. This means a student could be displayed as say 高富帅 John.

Within school records, all students have a unique student Id and all ordering on their documents is by ID. Students know their order so a roll call uses this order. However the attendance register uses the nickname ( the renamed surname) for order. This makes it necessary to use a paper record and then transfer instead of hunting up and down a list. I have also created groups within my classes, so  a class may have 3 groups of 18 students. Thankfully the groups follow the student ID order but I still have to check three different groups for each class.

Ideally I would like a grouping of my three groups, ordered by student id.  I could then simply open one session, set all to present, read the names from the session, and mark the absences.

How could I do this?

Average of ratings: -