STACK mcq & plots

STACK mcq & plots

by David Kedrowski -
Number of replies: 2

I'm experimenting with the STACK multiple choice question type (radio in this case).  I've been successful with a few questions so far, but I'm getting an error when I try to include plots.  I can successfully use the display option when it is text, but not when it is a plot.  To troubleshoot I've used the brief example at https://stack2.maths.ed.ac.uk/demo/question/type/stack/doc/doc.php/Authoring/MCQ.md.

I've attached two screen captures.  The first contains my question variables and text (I've made sure the plots work).  My model answer is ta and my prt is comparing ans1 with 1 (this works if the display for each answer is text instead of a plot).  The second contains the last of the three plots and then the error I am getting.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Attachment STACK_MCQ_plots_1.png
Attachment STACK_MCQ_plots_2.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Kedrowski

Re: STACK mcq & plots

by Christopher Sangwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

David,

Sorry about that.  I can reproduce the error, but I'm actually away from my development machine next week so I will fix this when I'm back.

A colleague wrote some MCQ plot questions by labelling each plot in a table with A, B, C, etc. and the MCQ then asked the student to enter the label of the plot. Not ideal, but it will move you forward towards a working question until I fix this.

It does seem odd to make the MCQ look so difficult to author. The design is to make sure the CAS is at the heart of STACK, and this design maintains that principal.

Apologies for this and thank you for reporting the problem. Please track progress at: https://github.com/maths/moodle-qtype_stack/issues/371

Chris

In reply to Christopher Sangwin

Re: STACK mcq & plots

by Christopher Sangwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

David,

Thanks again for reporting this bug.  I've pushed a fix which will be in the next release.

Chris