SCORM on Moodle

SCORM on Moodle

eftir Mark M -
Number of replies: 3

I'm having some problems with a SCORM 1.2 package in LMoodle.

If users complete all the questions in one go, the module is registering as complete on the Moodle LMS. However, if a user leaves the page and then picks up from where they left off, no more progress is recorded - even if they finish the whole module.

Does anyone know why this might be?

Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark M

Re: SCORM on Moodle

eftir Dan Marsden -
Mynd av Core developers Mynd av Particularly helpful Moodlers Mynd av Peer reviewers Mynd av Plugin developers Mynd av Plugins guardians Mynd av Testers Mynd av Translators

this is the main FAQ you should take a look at:
https://docs.moodle.org/en/SCORM_FAQ#Handling_of_Multiple_Attempts

It could be flagging the partial attempt as "completed" and then a re-entry is putting you in "review" mode (Review mode might appear in the top left of the SCORM player while viewing the scorm) - to avoid "review mode" you need to set "force new attempt" to "yes".

Another thing that could be causing this is if your SCORM package  defines a "mastery score" - this states that if the user exits the scorm with a score lower than the score set it should set the SCORM as failed. More information on that is here:
https://docs.moodle.org/en/SCORM_FAQ#Moodle_changes_cmi.core.lesson_status_from_.22completed.22_or_.22passed.22_to_.22failed.22

if none of that helps  you might need to modify your SCORM package in your authoring tool to change how it behaves when users attempt to resume a previous attempt.

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Mark M

Re: SCORM on Moodle

eftir Melanie Scott -
Mynd av Particularly helpful Moodlers

I don't know what authoring tool you use but some include an option that, essentially, forgets answers if you stop and restart.  Check to make sure you set it to remember what was done previously?  I'm not sure exactly how that would translate in Moodle but I'd be concerned that if it forgot I had answered, the new data sent would overwrite the old and report I hadn't done required questions.

I know that can happen in Lectora and I'm sure other tools could allow that as well...don't know the why but, there you are.