scorm settings - adjusting suspend_data

scorm settings - adjusting suspend_data

by altan ahmet -
Number of replies: 7

Can anyone advise me how I would check and amend the suspend data configuration in moodle  ? 

I'm having issues with resume from where left off, when you log back on with my course

Understand that scorm 1.2 supports 4096 characters . 

How do I check to see if my moodle site is configured to this ?

version : Moodle 3.1.6 (Build: 20170508)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to altan ahmet

Re: scorm settings - adjusting suspend_data

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Go to:
Admin > plugins > activities > SCORM 

find the setting called SCORM standards mode.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by altan ahmet -

I don't suppose there are any plans to make moodle support scorm 2004 ?

In reply to altan ahmet

by altan ahmet -

Hi Dan

Thank you for taking time out to reply

I found the setting , its a case of ticking or un ticking the box " Enable SCORM 1.2 standard mode " is it not ?

If I tick the box, I assume it permits resume from where left off and if its left un ticked it doesn't resume at all, is that correct ( that seems to be how it is behaving ? ) ?

It doesnt really help me with the resume issue as it;s not resuming exactly from where it left off, is there any solution to that problem ?

Thanks

In reply to altan ahmet

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

"ticked" - it follows the SCORM spec which restricts the amount of data that can be stored in suspend_data.
"unticked" - it lets the SCORM package store more than is usually allowed by SCORM 1.2.

Obviously that will also only work for "new" attempts.

If leaving it unticked doesn't help you with resume issues it's likely the SCORM package you are using doesn't support resuming in the way you want it to.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by altan ahmet -

Thanks Dan for advising on this and the scorm 2004 support issue.