New Course Listings on Home Page

New Course Listings on Home Page

por Skeeter Harris -
Número de respostas: 5

Hi Everyone,

I am running moodle 3.4.x with a theme Klass on it and on the hope page there is a section called "New Courses" and I want to either control the number of courses that are listed or just turn that section off all together.  

First question - Does anyone know how to control these?  I have tried admin/front page settings/number of courses and that only changes the number of course that appear I am registered too not the New Courses section.

Second - perhaps there is a setting for each course where I can define a "New Course" verse an "old course" and somehow fool it into working the way we want that way.  I have attached a screen example below.

Thanks - Skeeter

Anexo New SCreen.jpg
Em resposta a 'Skeeter Harris'

Re: New Course Listings on Home Page

por Colin Fraser -
Foto de Documentation writers Foto de Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto de Testers

I'm not real sure if this can be done, it seems like a lot of these things are actually theme related. 

A little while ago, Chris Kenniberg and Richard Oelmann, with help from Mary Evans did a lot of work on a new theme for Chris' Moodle, it ended up being called Theme Fordson (coming from Dearborn Mi., what else would it be called? sorriso ). That might give you some ideas on how you can do what you want to do or you could install the Theme Fordson and configure it to suit yourself. 

Em resposta a 'Colin Fraser'

por Skeeter Harris -

Hi Colin,

Mary below actually gave me an option but in looking at your Fordson theme along with the ability to sort by last used I may give that a try it looks very nice.  Thanks for responding here and your suggestion.

Best,

Skeeter

Em resposta a 'Skeeter Harris'

por Mary Evans -

Hi Skeeter, 

If go to your home page ( Frontpage) and click on the Frontpage settings link in the Administration block you will find various settings that you can chose how things look on the Frontpage before and after login. 

It is the Course List in this setting that adds that list of courses on the Front page that has been restyled by the Klass theme.

Have you checked to see if the Klass theme has a setting that allows you to limit that list?

There are other lists that you can choose from instead of the Course list, like Categories, or Enrolled courses.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Mary

Em resposta a 'Mary Evans'

por Skeeter Harris -

Hi Mary,

Well you are just BRILLIANT!  What I was doing is under Frongpage Settings I was only having the option for enrolled courses there which was causing all courses to appear as new courses.  

Once I added Course List - and then used maximum number of courses - well guess what it worked!!!!!

THank you so much and YES it did help.

Cheers and also thanks to everyone else that chimed in.

Skeeter