Feature: revoke single student

Feature: revoke single student

by Andriy Semenets -
Number of replies: 4

Hello. We have used scheduler in our university for years. Thanks for your works it is great.

I want to ask you about possibility of feature. Is it possible to provide button "revoke" for each booked student (as on picture below). As for me it will be helpful thing. Especially , me and my colleagues need it to revoke attendances which was overdue by students. This way I cannot do revoke through slot edit - because get error which told me that impossible to edit slot in the past (and we use "onetime" limitations in our schedulers).

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andriy Semenets

Re: Feature: revoke single student

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Andriy

I would not want to overload an already full teacher screen with even more buttons. Hence my initial thought was, in these cases, you could simply click the "Edit slot" button, and remove the individual student appointments that are no longer required.

However, you say that this has not worked for you, giving you an error "You can't start an empty appointment slot in the past", is that correct?

This seems like a bug to me. However, I tried to reproduce it on the latest version of Scheduler, and for me everything seemed to work out fine. You can tick the "Delete this appointment (when saving the form)" checkbox for one student (or more), and the appointment will in fact be deleted. The error message is shown only when you try to delete *all* appointments in the slot, thus leaving it empty, but i understand that that's not the case you're asking about.

Hence the problem might have to do with the Scheduler version you are using. The edit screen has changed several times, and the method I described above should work from Scheduler 3.3.0 on. Possibly you're using an older version - which is it?

Best wishes

Henning

In reply to Henning Bostelmann

by Andriy Semenets -

Mr. Henning Bostelmann, thank you for attention to my problem

As of about version - I have used latest at a moment.
As I sign - problem occurs with appointments which are overdue (in the past) already. And only if number of appointments are limited in scheduler (I use this too - https://www.screencast.com/t/Ux15kTXIP)
So, I cannot delete single student through "edit slot": https://www.screencast.com/t/CcMEUX5pU9vG

Anyway, I have developed local solution just by updating scheduler_instance model to ignore conflicts in the past https://www.screencast.com/t/wJxgZO18M Of course it is "dirty" trick but it works for me.

In reply to Andriy Semenets

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks for sharing these details. However, I'm still unable to reproduce the problem. I have tried to replicate your setting as close as possible, but for me the error message only appears if either

(a) The slot has several appointments, and I tick the box "Delete this appointment" on all of these, or

(b) The slot has one appointment, and I tick the box "Delete this appointment" on it.

This is however intended - if a slot starts in the past, it should not become empty.

I'm also unsure how the code change you made influences the problem - I don't think that piece of code is used at the relevant point. The test that leads to the error message you mentioned is actually in slotforms.php, around line 310.