user always online

user always online

le m question -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I want to take your opening in one activity I noticed.

one of our Moodle users always online

all dates and hours

I noticed it since we use online users, and this user was always online, when I saw his logs, it appears he is always online

he is using the app, and the description of the event is "The web service function 'core_message_get_messages' has been called."

should I worry about this issue?what I understand that Moodle will sign out the user after a while, is that correct?

I am not sure if this is issue or not , I need your openion

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to m question

Re: user always online

le Mathew Gancarz -
Dealbh dhe Core developers

We don't use the app, but we did notice that other user accounts we have setup that call the web API (like the app does), are shown as online when the web api is called. So I believe what is happening is the app is making a call to look for messages on your moodle site periodically. The online users display looks at the logs, and see this and shows the user as 'online' even though the app may be in the background.

So I think right now this is functioning as designed, though that leaves open the question of whether the online users list should show users that are only making web service api calls. I guess there may not be a way to differentiate from a user being logged in and actively using the app versus it just sitting in the background.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)