New flash clock

New flash clock

by Gautam Saha -
Number of replies: 8

I experimented with adding the Time block with the fancy clock swf files.

I was not happy with the quality of the graphics once the image was reduced in size on the moodle front page. The dial and clock hands were hard to read.

So I have modified a clock and made it look better once it is embedded in moodle page.

You can either use this swf file as part of "block time" created by Jan, or you can make a new "html block" and embed the swf file in it.

Comments about this clock would be very welcome.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gautam Saha

Re: New flash clock

by Timothy Takemoto -

It is very nicely done and snazzy but a bit too psychadelic or Christmassy for my taste. I would like a more boring school clock kind of clock, ideally with an alarm.
Tim

In reply to Gautam Saha

by Mateus Santos -

Hi

as I can lodge a clock in moodle

Mateus Santso

In reply to Mateus Santos

by Paul Platts -
if you do a search on the Internet for flash clocks you will find loads of interesting clocks. You can download the clock and rename it. If you then use an ftp programme you can replace your current clock.
In reply to Gautam Saha

by Robert Dickey -

the clocks referred to in this string are all nice.  "horses for courses" and all that (pick which works for you!)

What I really need is a clock that refers to the time on my server, not on the local machine.  Which means, I guess, that the image (or a time/date info) must be streamed from the server, or something like that?  It's all about deadlines, and students awareness that "server time" is the only time that matters.

Has this question been addressed previously?  Is there a way to tell a clock "go to server and read "X" (which perhaps is a simple "log" kind of file that is updated every 15 seconds or so)?  At that point a second sweep hand is perhaps inappropriate, but that's a separate issue... perhaps would need to customize the clock face, too, to write the school name on it...

Thanks!  

Rob