Urgent- Added a comment in the front page text editor, everything disappeared

Urgent- Added a comment in the front page text editor, everything disappeared

by Vaishnavi Gupta -
Number of replies: 3

I'm panicking right now, I don't know what happened. On the website front page, I was editing the text in the center using the text editor, and I added a comment. When I saved the changes, this is what the page looked like. Please help, how do I undo this.

Attachment Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 2.55.31 PM (1).png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vaishnavi Gupta

Re: Urgent- Added a comment in the front page text editor, everything disappeared

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

There does not appear to be any editing icons. 

Are you on the Front Page or the Dashboard

Go to Site Admin > Appearance > Navigation and check which. 

If you are on the Front Page or Site for your default home page, then look at the following. If you are on the Dashboard, then go to the next bit: 

Go into Site Admin > Front Page Settings 

In the dialog Front Page Summary, if you see text, remove it. 

In the section marked Front Page, remove any entry, set all to None. In the Front Page when logged in section, change the settings to display  Categories, but everything else is set to None.

If the checkbox marked Include a Topic section, is checked, remove the check mark by clicking on it. 

Save changes and go and look at your Front Page. You should not see anything in the centre except the categories you have for your courses. 

This means that all is good - so far. 

Go back to Front Page Settings and take out Categories, reset to None.

In the Include a Topic section, check the box. 

Save changes and return to the front page and see what you can see. 

Editing should be turned on at this point and you should see the Editing dialog  Do what you were doing, but this time, undo the editing. 

================================

If you are using the Dashboard as your default home page, you should see, on the right, a button "Customize this page" 

Click it and then you will see two buttons, Reset Page to default, and Stop customizing this page. 

Click the Reset Page to default button, then Stop button. 

That should revert your Dashboard to its normal state. 

In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: Urgent- Added a comment in the front page text editor, everything disappeared

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. I have an idea this refers to a specific theme, so I am going to move it to the Themes forum in the hope they will recognise the theme and be able to advise.

In reply to Vaishnavi Gupta

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Well you can stop panicking as that is only seen by the Administrator...which in your case must be YOU!

The theme you are using looks to be the Essential theme, and that section of the page which is in the Footer, is a hidden area for the Administrator to add blocks that they wish to be kept out of view of the site users.

I hope this explanation helps?

If not then please let me know.

Thanks

Mary Evans, (Themes Forum Moderator)