Reuse downloaded content between multiple students

Reuse downloaded content between multiple students

by Anton Kassimov -
Number of replies: 2

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on accomodating the following scenario using Mobile Moodle:

At our company, we make it a point to provide our students with iPads already preloaded with content. We achieve this by setting up a single iPad with the apps/content we require, then using apple configurator to "duplicate" the setup on as many ipads as we want. 

We would like to achieve the same thing with Mobile Moodle and its downloaded content. Ideally, we would download all course content on a single ipad, then run that ipad through the apple configurator to provide students with ipads already containing the downloaded content.

From my initial tests, specificially logging in as Student A, downloading content of a course, then logging in as Student B and accessing the same course, it seems I have to redownload the content for every student. Is there no way of reusing the content of a course between users to avoid the download when on the same device? 

Thank you for your time. 

Anton

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anton Kassimov

Re: Reuse downloaded content between multiple students

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Anton,

I don't think this is going to be possible because the content is "linked" to the user who downloaded it, there is information like if the content was downloaded or not (and to which path) and the last time was downloaded for example.

However, we have plans to improve that area (not in the short-term)

In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: Reuse downloaded content between multiple students

by Anton Kassimov -

Yeah, we figured as much from what we saw, but really appreciate the confirmation. Looking forward to the improvements smile Thanks for your time!