Moodle Mobile App iOS iframe

Moodle Mobile App iOS iframe

by Anton Kassimov -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

We could really use a bit of advice.

We are having trouble getting our content (Adapt output) to behave correctly in the Moodle Mobile App (v3.4). Content is jumping to the top of the page with just about any interaction. We realize that this is a limitation of our content being loaded behind an iframe and it's general incompatibility with the iOS environment (iPad Pro).

Is there any kind of workaround you can recommend? Would bypassing the iframe with a "New Window"-like solution play nice with the rest of the app's features, like downloading content to work offline?

Thank you for your time,

Anton

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anton Kassimov

Re: Moodle Mobile App iOS iframe

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

right now there is not a viable solution for this, we've experienced the same problems when we tried to embed a rich text editor in the app.

You could maybe include some javascript in your content to handle the scrolling (to avoid this sudden changes of positioning), maybe there is something already done out there.

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Anton Kassimov -

Thank you very much for your reply, Juan. Would you be able to tell me if you have any plans to address this issue in version 3.5 of Moodle Mobile? 

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Anton,

I don't see a solution for this because is mostly a problem by the iOS Webview component itself, so it is not something we can fix or try to mitigate.

Maybe it would be improved in upcoming iOS releases

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Anton Kassimov -

Thanks for the update, Juan. Unfortunately we're struggling to get all of our issues solved via javascript/CSS so we're looking at ways to bypass the iframe inside the app to get the content to appear correctly while still keeping the offline and syncing capabilities of the app intact. You wouldn't have any suggestions on that front by any chance?

by Juan Leyva -

Hi Anton,

initially we tried to avoid the usage of iframes in the app, but at the end, we found that a lot of resources didn't simply work without embedding them into iframes so I'm sorry but I can't provide you with a workaround right now.