Adaptable Theme (Making the Header Banner Clickable)

Re: Adaptable Theme (Making the Header Banner Clickable)

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Moodle page header used to be a clickable area, and also a good place to add an image using some Custom CSS,  but this was depreciated after lots of people became annoyed because every time they wanted to click a menu item in the navbar, which is above the page header area, they were clicking too soon and ended up being taken to the home page from wherever they where.

So, are you absolutely sure you want the banner to be click-able?

It's not a good idea really unless you want to direct people to another page or outside your Moodle site  completely.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Rod Lawson -

Hi,

I understand that this is an older post, but I have the same question and the original poster.

Is it possible to add a link to the header logo for the adaptable theme?

I have added the suggested code for adding the logo - background image. The image shows and works well.

#page-header {
background: 0 none;
background-image: url();
background-position: right top;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-size:  100% auto;
}

I've created a background image that I would like to be clickable. The link will bring people to another page for additional membership information. I can't figure out how to make the image clickable while using the adaptable theme. Is there any code I could use to create a link to the background image?

Any information would be appreciated. Using the latest moodle and theme. 

Thank you,

Rod

In reply to Rod Lawson

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The header background image is already included in Adaptable so you don't need to add any custom CSS or image.

Just upload the image in the Header settings section.

And no, it is not clickable for many reasons but mainly because is a very bad UX practice.

Ypu can add an image in the header using the title option, and also used to add a second logo, and then add a link to it.

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Rod Lawson -

Thank you that worked for me by adding the image to the title box and then a link onto the image.