[Adaptable] Hide blocks/Standard view not working

[Adaptable] Hide blocks/Standard view not working

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Adaptable version 1.6.0.2 (2018011502)

Moodle version 3.4.1+ (Build: 20180216)

The buttons top right 'Hide blocks' and 'Standard view' do not seem to be working at all. I tried debugging (Chrome 64.0.3282.167) and clicking it does not generate a javascript error. In fact, it doesn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard van Iwaarden

Re: [Adaptable] Hide blocks/Standard view not working

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

This is usually a JS incompatibility issue. Verify the 3rd party plugins installed.

In reply to Fernando Acedo

I have a lot of them installed. Do you have any current information on which are not compatible with Adaptable?

It's going to be one hell of a job testing them one by one. If that's the case, then I'll just have to do without the 'hide blocks' or 'zoom' option.

by Jez H -
I assume you have already "purged all caches" a coupld of times and cleared your browser cache too?

I am not aware of any plugin conflicts that would cause this, and we use a lot too, but if it is a plugin it is likely to be one that renders js on the front page of a moodle course?
In reply to Jez H

Deleted cache a couple of times indeed, but this did not work.

Also, what I find strange is that no JS errors occur.

Uhmm... Eureka? It now seems to work. The only thing that I did was turn OFF both options (zoom and hide blocks) and then turn it back on again. Could this make a difference?

In reply to Jez H

So, now it seems to be working for me... but other users are complaining this no longer works.

I have to see why this is.

Just reporting back, we found out what the problem was.

When upgrading from Moodle 3.1 (and older Adaptable version) to Moodle 3.4 (and latest adaptable version) it seems to be essential to empty all local cache/cookies/etc. on a machine.

We have tested this with Apple/Safari/Chrome and Windows Chrome/Edge/IE. They all had the same problem. Somehow, part of the adaptable scripting stays on the local machine and this makes that the buttons 'hide blocks' and 'fullscreen' do not work.

Locally deleting history and cookie information solves this problem.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)