Moodle Plugin Upgrade from 2.9 to 3.4

Re: Moodle Plugin Upgrade from 2.9 to 3.4

by Nilesh Pathade -
Number of replies: 5

Hi Kamlesh,

I guess this all plugins are out dated. which is not supported 3.4. But as you send screenshot  it's means "The files are 'missing from disk' which means what it says - they are not there." as Howard said. 

In reply to Nilesh Pathade

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

https://github.com/netspotau/moodle-local_cohort_automation

...is the middle one, although it hasn't been updated in 4 years so has probably been abandoned. This is a chance you take using optional plugins. If you really need it, you might have to find/pay a developer to bring it up to date. 

The other two don't seem to exist at all. Is it possible that they were custom developments just for you? 

Getting a bit fed up of repeating myself, but unless you can provide the old (2.7) code for us to look at there isn't much more we can do to help. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Nilesh Pathade -

Hi Howard,

Can this possible to change version.php file and try to install? May be this is not permanent and GOOD Solutions. but I have change this and I am able to install at least... 

$plugin->version   = 2018012000;
$plugin->release   = '3.4.1';
$plugin->maturity  = MATURITY_STABLE;
$plugin->requires  = 2014051200; 
$plugin->component = 'local_cohort_automation'; 

I have try this in 3.4.1

In reply to Nilesh Pathade

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

There's no need to change version.php. The original version of that file (looking at the Github repo) said $plugin->requires = 2013051400;

3.4.1 is loads newer that 2013051400, so there's nothing in the version file to stop it installing. 

Local plugins have not changed much so it will probably work. The only risk is really it (trying to) call deprecated functions. The only way to establish that is to try it. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)