Adaptable theme - Drop-down menus in above-header

Re: Adaptable theme - Drop-down menus in above-header

by Gonzalo tm -
Number of replies: 4

Thank you very much Fernando and Mary. Over all, I was worried that changing the code would mess the whole theme. I will follow your suggestions and give it a try. All the best!

In reply to Gonzalo tm

by Jez H -

Hi Gonzalo,

Older versions of adaptable did display separate drop down lists for each menu very similar to what you are trying to do here.

The reason we moved them behind a "links" overlay was because they did not work on mobile devices.

In order to keep things sane on mobile the old links menus were hidden below a certain screen size, then users would ask "why cant I access the links on mobile".

So, if you do go ahead and change this give some thought to how it will work on Mobile devices, and if you figure out a good solution let us know!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jez H

by Gonzalo tm -

Hi Jez

This is great feedback, thank you very much!

It all started with my panic to edit the code and crash the whole site. But it's turning into something much more interesting wink

It came to me that it could be interesting to keep the links overlay for smaller screens, and use the drop-down menus for larger screens. I will let you know what comes out.

Kind regards

In reply to Gonzalo tm

by Gonzalo tm -

Hello Jez, Fernando, Mary

I am having trouble finding the html file inside my server, to edit the front page code. Can you give me any hint on where this code is hiding? wink

Thanks! Regards

In reply to Gonzalo tm

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Which code are you wanting to change? As some code on the Frontpage can be found in the site index.php file which if changed will break your Moodle site.

The frontpage for the Adaptable theme is in your moodle site  > theme > adaptable > layout > frontpage.php

https://bitbucket.org/covuni/moodle-theme_adaptable/src/bf9cc2182330b801a481fa60e62803de31deae32/layout/frontpage.php?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default