Customize/reduce usermenu in fordson-theme

Customize/reduce usermenu in fordson-theme

by Oswald Scheid -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I´m using Moodle 3.4.+ and the Fordson-Theme (DearbornPublicSchool) and I tried to reduce the usermenu to the logout-link. Although the box "User menu items (Site administration / Appearance / Themes)" is empty, there are still dashboard and profile. Does anybody know what I´m doing wrong?

With the clean theme I managed to display:none the nth-childs of the usermenu-list but this doesn´t seem to work with fordson. Can anybody give me a css-snippet which works?

I would be glad for any help!

Greetings

Oswald

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Oswald Scheid

Re: Customize/reduce usermenu in fordson-theme

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

You are not doing anything wrong, other than the Fordon theme is based on the Boost theme, and looks to be coded differently.. If you want to remove them then you can hide them using SCSS in the Advanced settings in Fordson's settings page.

[data-title="profile,moodle"] {
    display: none;
}

Where the data-title is different for each list-item.

Hope that helps?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Customize/reduce usermenu in fordson-theme

by Oswald Scheid -

Thank you for your quick response. When I was trying to implement your tip I couldn´t reach the wished result. Do I have to write something before the [ ? By trying different things I stumbled above an other thread with the hint to implement ".dropdown-menu a.dropdown-item.menu-action:nth-child(3) {display: none;}". What shall I say, I put it in the color/scsspre-box and it works. If you don´t mind, perhaps you could anyway tell me a little bit more about the way you suggested. I think if I could get it, this would help me for future tasks.

Thanks & Greetings

Oswald