Displaying SCORM in a Modal

Displaying SCORM in a Modal

by Thorsten Weniger -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

I am looking for a way to have SCORM Activities open in a Modal, instead of a pop up or on the same page.

Has there been anything done like this?

Thanks for your help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thorsten Weniger

Re: Displaying SCORM in a Modal

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Thorsten, 

I'd love to see this done too but no one has developed anything and released it publicly yet. I've considered running this as an improvement in a GSOC project in the past too but nothing yet.

If you develop something please share it here, alternatively you could also provide funding to your local Moodle Partner to develop this and submit it for review,

In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: Displaying SCORM in a Modal

by Silvia Pinheiro -

Hi,

You can use html5lightbox and wrap the scorm link around a DIV. 

That was the solution my work colleague came up with. Then, he changed the style as well according to the design required, so we had to spend some time with it and ensure it was responsible and device compatible.

The script was included on the theme header used on the current course. The scorm activity was set up to open on another window, so we could use the link. We can record the scorm attempts without issues.

You can see attached how it looks like, after clicking the link, the background is black and the close button comes as default from the lightbox script.

Hope that helps,

Silvia

Attachment scorm using html5lightbox.png