How to find List of courses using a particular Block/assignment/activity/resources

How to find List of courses using a particular Block/assignment/activity/resources

by D patel -
Number of replies: 4

please some one can suggest me a SQL query to find a 

List of courses using a particular Block/assignment/activity/resources  (i.e. discussions with no of posts)

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to D patel

Re: How to find List of courses using a particular Block/assignment/activity/resources

by oliver stearn -
How about something like this? (done for the book activity)

$allcourseids = $DB->get_records_sql('SELECT DISTINCT course FROM mdl_book WHERE timecreated > ?', array(123456));
$course_count = count($allcourseids);

foreach ($allcourseids as $record){
$course_id = $record->course;
//you can then do something with this course id (like look up and print the course name, construct a link to the course etc)
}

#

Sorry my formatting got messed up. You need to reference a different table for each type of activity/resource, so you will need an additional database call to find the course name. On the plus side you have plenty of other activity related data in that allcourseids object. In retrospect not a good variable name as it actually has all the data, not just the id's.

In reply to D patel

Re: How to find List of courses using a particular Block/assignment/activity/resources

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Does it have to be an SQL query? You can find out from the Manage activities and Manage blocks pages in Site admin.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by D patel -

Thanks for reply Mary,  Yes i need only a SQL Query to get this details as i am not a Moodle Developer I am a Business Intelligence Developer and working for some as hoc Reporting requirement.

In reply to D patel

by erika alarcon -
Picture of Testers

I use this query for Blocks

SELECT mdl_course.id as courseID, mdl_course.fullname, mdl_course.shortname, mdl_block_instances.blockname

FROM (mdl_context    mdl_context

INNER JOIN mdl_block_instances mdl_block_instances  ON (mdl_context.id = mdl_block_instances.parentcontextid))

INNER JOIN mdl_course mdl_course                    ON (mdl_course.id = mdl_context.instanceid)

WHERE     (mdl_block_instances.blockname = 'BLOCK_NAME')      AND (mdl_context.contextlevel = 50);

Average of ratings: Useful (2)