solr php configuration moodle , unable to detect php_solr dll in ext folder windows server

solr php configuration moodle , unable to detect php_solr dll in ext folder windows server

by Amar Bl -
Number of replies: 10

Hi Folks,

Could you let me know the steps you did for installing solr on windows server 2012? I'm struggling to install it. I appreciate your help.

Below are the steps I did:

I have followed all the instructions but still couldn't install php solr on my windows server 2012.

I have installed APACHE solr and started it through command prompt and it started at port 8983 on my localhost, but not sure how to integrate with my moodle.

For PHPsolr are there any specific instructions to install, except to drag the specific compiled dll to the ext folder, or something else? I have checked the PHP info page and could not see the solr enabled. Please let me know. I'm stuck here.

Please consider as mine is a WINDOWS server 2012 IIS7

When I looked at the php error log it says

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.6\ext\php_Solr.dll' - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

When I tried to install from php_solr-2.4.0-5.6-ts-vc11-x86

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.6\ext\php_solr.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

When I go to moodle manage global search -- it says

"No solr configuration found"

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Amar Bl

Re: solr php configuration moodle , unable to detect php_solr dll in ext folder windows server

by Leena Nikhare -

Hi Amar,

Me too facing same problem in my server.

I have installed solr on my local system it works fine but same does not work for server don't know what's the problem. Did you get any solution for this?

In reply to Leena Nikhare

Re: solr php configuration moodle , unable to detect php_solr dll in ext folder windows server

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Everyone,

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.6\ext\php_solr.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

that means that the PHP extension DLL file is not there or not named as written in the php.ini file.

it works fine

What does it mean? If you issue a php -m cli command, does the returned list contain the solr module too?

HTH,
Matteo

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Leena Nikhare -

Hi Matteo,

I have added proper php_solr.dll but getting below error sad.

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\wamp64\bin\php\php7.0.10\ext\php_solr.dll' - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Leena,
here are my guesses:

1. a VC version mismatching: it should be VC14 as described in the download page, https://pecl.php.net/package/solr/2.4.0/windows
  2. an arch mismatching between PHP and the solr extension e.g. 64 vs 32 bit
  3. another extension missing: solr requires curl and libxml extensions too

For (1) and (2) just drop here the original name of the archives you downloaded for both PHP and the solr extension.
For (3) just list the modules via a web page like <? phpinfo(); or via php -m cli command.

HTH,
Matteo

by Leena Nikhare -

Hi Matteo,

I have downloaded 7.0 Thread Safe (TS) X64 from https://pecl.php.net/package/solr/2.4.0/windows

We are using VC14. 

Regards,

Leena Nikhare

by Matteo Scaramuccia -

Hi Leena,
what about the required PHP extensions?

HTH,
Matteo

by Leena Nikhare -

Hi Matteo,

It contains both curl and libxml extensions but still facing the same issue.

Regards,

Leena Nikhare

by Matteo Scaramuccia -

Hi Leena,
I feel I'm missing something here but before giving up please install the VC++ Redistributable for VS 2015 (VC14): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145.

What I'm missing here are:

• the actual name of the PHP package being downloaded and then installed
  • the actual list of modules being installed as the result of the "command" above
  • "something" that only Dependency Walker could help me in understanding

HTH,
Matteo

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Who told you to download Thread Safe PHP for IIS?

its always Non-thread safe versions that you have to download for IIS. Unless you are using Apache on Windows server, then use Thread Safe versions.

In reply to Usman Asar

by Leena Nikhare -

Hi Usman,

I am using WAMP server not IIS. I tried Non-thread Safe as weel as Thread safe versions both didn't work for me. Getting same error.

Regards,

Leena Nikhare