Moodle for mobile

H5P on Moodle App

Picture of Sya Rahim
H5P on Moodle App

Hi,

I am currently using Moodle 3.2 and there are a few courses with H5P activities. I can view them in my web browser and desktop/laptop browser. For some reason I'm not able these H5P activities in the Moodle App. Is there anything I am suppose to set on my Moodle site so that I can see them? 

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Marcus Green
Re: H5P on Moodle App
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters
Specific code needs to be developed to allow a plugin to work on the Mobile App. The H5P developers have not done this yet so it will not work with the mobile app. I have no association with the H5P developers apart from greatly admiring their work.

Picture of Sya Rahim

Thanks for your feedback, Marcus. I wish the H5P developers would allow their code to be integrated in Moodle app.

Picture of Oliver Tacke

Hi Sya!

Our source code of H5P is freely available and openly licensed. One does not need our permission to use it, or e.g. integrating in into the Moodle app. If someone wants to, he/she/they can right away.

We'd love to contribute the required code ourselves (and it's been on our list of issues for quite some time not), but right now we're focussing our resources on some other aspects of H5P.

Best,

Oliver

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Picture of Dan Jeffries

If the H5P activities don't need assessment, you can display them in the Moodle Mobile app by hosting them on a Wordpress site. The embedded item in your Moodle site will show perfectly in the Mobile app.

We use a dedicated Wordpress site with the H5P plugin to make all our content (if it needs assessment then we simply export it and upload it to the Moodle H5P plugin) and find this a much simpler solution.

Hope that helps.