Site address

Site address

by Corinne Sumun -
Number of replies: 6

Every time I or my leaners try to open the Moodle Mobile app on their phone to view their course it doesn't retain the site address and keeps asking for learners to enter the site address.  As this is a long address it is difficult to remember it so why doesn't this get retained in the app as the default site address to use?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Corinne Sumun

Re: Site address

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Corinne,

what the exact message they see? that they need to reconnect? Or is just that the site is lost and they have to enter all their credentials again?

Are they using the same devices? or it happens in different devices?

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Corinne Sumun -

yes it is just that the site is lost and they have to enter all their credentials again.  They are using the same device all the time.  It also happens to me on my Iphone.

Thanks for your help.

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Corinne,

what Moodle version are you using?

Could you let me know your sites URL so I can do some external checks?

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Corinne Sumun -

Our Moodle is hosted by ULCC and I am not sure which version we use but I know they update fairly regularly so I would say we are using a fairly new version.  Our address is below:

https://tacc-moodle.bloom.ulcc.ac.uk

Thanks

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

I think the version is not a recent one, I was trying to do some checks and I'd say that is a 3.1 site, maybe you could ask them to upgrade to see if it fixes the problem?

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Corinne Sumun -

Thank you.  I will get in touch with them and see what they say.  I will let you know.

Thanks again for your help.