Export assignment submission data only

Export assignment submission data only

Craig Dooley -
Vastausten määrä: 7

Is it possible to export a list of users who have submitted an assignment, without exporting the assignment submission files?  I simply want a csv file with the user list and whether they have submitted an assignment or not.  This is for use in an external reporting system.

Note: this is before grading - I can see that if it were after grading this could be done easily via grade administration reports.

If I go into the assignment and 'view all submissions' and filter by 'submitted', I have the option to 'download selected submissions' but this only downloads the submitted files.

If I use the 'Grade Administration' area, I can export a list but it is only useful once the assignment is graded.

Using v. 3.4

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Arviointien keskiarvo: -
Vastaus Craig Dooley

Re: Export assignment submission data only

Howard Miller -
Kuva: Core developers Kuva: Documentation writers Kuva: Particularly helpful Moodlers Kuva: Peer reviewers Kuva: Plugin developers

I wrote a custom report to do that (for the same reasons). It's very specific to our needs and includes support for the Urkund plagiarism site, so may need some work for other sites. 

https://github.com/universityofglasgow/moodle/tree/gu333/report/anonymous

I could probably strip out the Urkund stuff and release it as a plugin if it's useful. 

Vastaus Howard Miller

Craig Dooley -

It would certainly be very useful to me if you were to release as a plugin!  I wouldn't have the development experience to implement straight from Github.

Vastaus Craig Dooley

Howard Miller -
Kuva: Core developers Kuva: Documentation writers Kuva: Particularly helpful Moodlers Kuva: Peer reviewers Kuva: Plugin developers

I'll see if I can find a bit of time tomorrow. 

Vastaus Howard Miller

Craig Dooley -

That would be awesome, thanks!

Vastaus Craig Dooley

Howard Miller -

Try this...

https://github.com/thepurpleblob/moodle-report_assignment

Use the green button to download a Zip version and install in your report/ folder. Rename as 'assignment'.

Give me a shout or stick an Issue in on Github if (when?) you find problems. 

Vastaus Howard Miller

Craig Dooley -

Thanks so much for this - I'll take a look this afternoon and let you know how I get on.

Vastaus Craig Dooley

Howard Miller -

It needs a bit more work to be released as a proper plugin (in the plugins database). I'll probably get around to that in the next few days.